Category: Child Support

photo of a married couple divided on the couch, working through a contested divorce in Alberta

Can you get divorced if the other party doesn’t want to?

Yes, you can get a divorce if your spouse is contesting, but the process of finalizing the divorce will be more difficult.  Arrangements need to be agreed upon for child custody, access and child support if you have children.   You will be required to apply for a court order that says your divorce can be finalized even if your spouse does not agree.

Keep Reading

photo of an unemployed man in a coffee shop, looking over his job application to secure a new job to continue paying child support for his children

Must-have information about Unemployment and Child Support in Alberta

If you're making child support payments and become unemployed, your new payment amount will be based on your "Guideline Income," which is usually line 150, Total Income, on your yearly tax returns. Continue reading to learn more.

Keep Reading

Meet Our Lawyers

photo of Angus Boyd, Edmonton criminal lawyer with Capital City Law

Angus Boyd

Edmonton Criminal Lawyer

Meet Angus

photo of Conor Davis, Edmonton criminal lawyer with Capital City Law

Conor Davis

Edmonton Criminal Lawyer

Meet Conor

photo of Jordan Bienert, Edmonton family lawyer with Capital City Law

Jordan Bienert

Edmonton Family Lawyer

Meet Jordan

photo of Wayne Gardner, Edmonton criminal lawyer with Capital City Law

Wayne Gardner

Edmonton Immigration Lawyer

Meet Wayne

photo of Christopher Luchak, Edmonton Criminal Law lawyer with Capital City Law

Christopher Luchak

Edmonton Criminal Lawyer

Meet Christopher

photo of Simon Trela, Edmonton lawyer with Capital City Law

Simon Trela

Edmonton Immigration & Criminal Lawyer

Meet Simon

Website Design & SEO by: logo for edmonton website design company selaris